" In this universe the night was falling; the shadows were lengthening towards an east that would not know another dawn. But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning lingered; and along the path he once had followed, Man would one day go again"

Arthur C. Clarke Against the Fall of Night

Monday, March 7, 2016

New Arrivals



Another trip to Fair's Fair Books and some more gems.


The suits, the odd architecture, the rockets ships. This is the future we were promised. I expect the contents to be somewhat pulplish but the cover, the cover. Sadly I cannot identify the cover artist.




A couple of beautiful covers. Peter Till did The English Assassin, Sadly the Shaw is uncredited but I am really looking forward to reading it.
  


Here we have a couple of my favourite artists Powers for The Star, The World Shuffler and High Vacuum and Lehr for Planet Run.


Another Powers, A Handfull of Time and a beautiful Lehr with a bear on it for Nightmare Journey. It is interesting that SF by Koontz always costs substantially more that the other SF books. Do horror fans make more money, a scary thought .The Masque World cover is by Kelly Freas and the One Against Time cover is by Jerome Podwell.


Then some more ACE doubles for my collection. I thought these titles had some of the more unusual cover art in the Series.

Border, Breed Nor Birth, my very handy copy of Double Your Pleasure the Ace SF double, by James A. Corrick, Gryphon Books states Hinge? for cover artist.

Earthrim, Koutrouboussis

The Noblest Experiment in the Galaxy, Gaughan

In the Pocket and Other SF Stories, Thole





2 comments:

  1. Some great stuff here Guy! the Earthrim cover has always terrified me!

    Are you a Mazberg fan? There's some good stuff in that collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    I have not read a lot of Mazberg, but I have acquired a lot of his books and I will bump him up in the to be read pile as I hear lots of good things about him. I have to say I think the Earthrim cover is the most disturbing Ace Double cover I have every seen.

    Thanks for commenting.
    Guy

    ReplyDelete