" In this universe the night was falling; the shadows were lengthening towards an east that would not know another dawn. But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning lingered; and along the path he once had followed, Man would one day go again"

Arthur C. Clarke Against the Fall of Night

Friday, September 11, 2015

New Arrivals

While at the cabin I did not order any used books. 
This is in contrast to my normal practice, because
I love knowing something is coming in the mail.
Okay I did order some new books but no SF.
But I placed a large order when I returned, for
one, because the shipping charges per book were
more reasonable. 

The items came nicely wrapped.


So far a good looking selection.



Some of my favourite covers in the order. Neat aliens 
and I what I thought was a Lehr city but this is by 
Bruce Pennington, I still love it.

The Bishop cover is by Melvyn Grant
The Aldiss Interpreter cover is by John Kirby



I agonized over the composition of the order
for a week or more (all part of the fun), it started 
with lots of Poul Anderson and ended with none.  
It was when I noticed the bookseller had this lovely copy
 of Robert's Kiteworld, a book I had heard about but never
 seen that I pulled the trigger and placed the order.



No comments:

Post a Comment