" In this universe the night was falling; the shadows were lengthening towards an east that would not know another dawn. But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning lingered; and along the path he once had followed, Man would one day go again"

Arthur C. Clarke Against the Fall of Night

Monday, September 19, 2016

New Arrivals

I realize I have not been posting very much over 
the course of summer and I now will be taking a bit of 
a hiatus till mid-Oct. as my wife and I have some plans. I 
may still comment on other sites, and hopefully I can be a 
little more prolific going forward.

After a couple trips to Fair's Fair books I do have some books
to look forward to. Some quick math has told me that it is 
unlikely I will finish all the books already in the house before
the great Starmaker returns me to the multi-universe or 
whatever happens but what I hell I bought more.


I knew I wanted The Eskimo Invasion since I saw the cover
on Joachim Boaz's site


I am also content with the suggested cover attribution of 
Stephen Miller. 

Killer Pine is a sequel to Cold War in a Country Garden,
which I have not read, the cover is by Chris Foss I am more
 accustomed to seeing his spaceships but I am a sucker 
for giant insects. Also the blurb on the back begins 
" The Canadian forests are dying." Given that the Inuit, 
Rockies and forests are such a big part of the 
 Canadian identity I had to get both books.


Two Laumer's, covers by Josh Kirby who has a lot to answer for.


We have some horror and some SF maybe a combination
of both, I love the genre crossing that occurs in some SF.

The covers, The Witching Hour, no attribution
The  Rithian Terror, Chris Achilleos
Beware the Beasts, Jack Fargasso
Can you Feel Anything…, Hans Arnold


The Listeners cover? the interior illustrations are by 
Lance Williams but the style seems different. I was happy to get 
two Gunn's I enjoyed his comments on SF in the anthology series 
The Road to Science Fiction that he edited and while I read 
The Immortals many years ago my recollection is that it was 
quite good.


The Lincoln Hunters, cover by the Dillons.
I have heard nothing but good things about this novel
and I have enjoyed the Tucker I have read so far.


Orbitsville, nice cover by David Schleinkofer.
Dyson sphere-like artefact, cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment