" In this universe the night was falling; the shadows were lengthening towards an east that would not know another dawn. But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning lingered; and along the path he once had followed, Man would one day go again"

Arthur C. Clarke Against the Fall of Night

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Kong Skull Island



Yesterday my wife and I went to the movies to see Kong Skull Island. Upon leaving we received copies of this poster. Yippee!! Free stuff after paying a lot and having to sit through commercials, commercials grrr before the movie it was nice to get something extra. I will not bother with a review there are lots out there. I suspect you already know whether you will like it or not.

I have 20 plus Godzilla CD's sitting 2ft from where I am typing this, a Gamera boxed set, a plastic Godzilla, books including William Tsetse's brilliant Godzilla On My Mind: Fifty Years of the King of Monsters, I just received four Godzilla themed t-shirts by mail, one of the earliest SF films I watched (and still a favourite) was Them and my favourite fan experience was getting stuff signed by Ray Harryhausen when he appeared at a film festival in his honour at the Royal Tyrell Museum of Palaeontology. So yes we enjoyed it.

We will be framing one.

No comments:

Post a Comment